Complete an environmental scan
Resources: SWOT Analysis table
Complete an environmental scan for the health care organization you chose in Week Two.Use the SWOT Analysis table, located on the student website.
- Assess the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze the industry for opportunities and threats.
- Perform a gap analysis. A SWOT analysis helps determine performance gaps. It includes the following components: Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats
Describe the organization’s present and prospective customers.
Consider the following external factors:
Consumer and social Competitive Technological Economic Legal and regulatory Submit the SWOT analysis as a Microsoft® Excel® attachment.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report in which you do the following:
Explain why an environmental analysis is important in the development of your strategic plan by answering the following questions:
- What is the purpose of environmental analysis?
- What are the implications of environmental analysis in the creation of your strategic plan?
- What are the major benefits of competitive analysis as part of your strategic planning process? What evolving economic, legal, and regulatory issues may potentially have an effect on your strategic plan?
Based on your SWOT analysis, provide an assessment of your chosen organization in which you include the following:
- The organization’s ability to accomplish its mission, goals, and objectives as set in previous strategic plans
- The organization’s ability to respond to internal and external changes and challenges
Incorporate your SWOT analysis findings into clearly stated goals and objectives for a 3- to 5-year period, focusing on your strategic plan areas.
Get Answer Now
- You will have two to three goals for each year, with two to three measurable objectives for each goal.
- Goals may span several years. Outline your goals and objectives clearly and provide a narrative explanation for each.